This app is really great at updating you on EVERYTHING NHL. Ridiculously great. But unless you want to spend your time reviewing what happened on this day in NHL history everyday for the rest of your life, I suggest avoiding. There seem to be “options” for notification types that appear geared to filtering out everything but game related info (game start, scores, and finals). But it is a joke. It’s almost worse seeing the box checked to not receive news and getting slammed with 10+ per day. I deal with it for the news as an out of network hockey fan, but my gosh this app is horrible!
This app is good for anyone who watches hockey
With all the money the nhl makes you would think their app would work decent
App has some foods points to it but limiting your view based on verified location is kinda dumb, especially since some people don’t work at home or are fans of teams besides their local one.
Great app! Would love to see NHL Network available to stream in app just like the MLB app lets you do with MLB network. If the streams are added it would be 5 stars
The app crashed three times during bruins goal in third period of game six Stanley cup finals! Won’t relaunch. Having said that has been great all season previously
I use this app a lot to stream games because Xfinity is way too expensive and the games aren’t in HD... But if there was any other reliable options to watch I’d probably go with that. The NHL app works half of the time which is why I gave it three stars and no more. When the app works it’s awesome, 95% of the time the stream is clear and the other 5% is just because of our internet so I can’t blame them on that. I love how it’s set up where you can see standings, League news and news about your single team! BUT... And this is a big but, IT CRASHES HALF THE TIME, I’ll think to myself, “HMMM I wonder what the scores are tonight” and these are the three things that happen... It either just won’t load, the app will load and you’ll see the home screen for a second and then it’ll crash OR when I press to see the scores it crashes. I don’t mind having to google scores but isn’t the point of the app to make it easier on the users to have info and entertainment easily accessible? Also like 15% of the time when we try to stream it’ll say we’re streaming the game but it’ll just show the two team logos and the NHL shield in the middle and will do nothing... Again when the app works it’s great but I find it not working A LOT
For the past year I’ve tried this app several times and reinstalled it several times and it always says to “retry” so yeah
*** DEVELOPERS NEED TO UPDATE AND FIX THE CRASHING ISSUE ASAP!!! *** The most frustrating thing about any app is when and if it crashes. This app WAS 4-5 star worthy and stable until sometime early to midpoint of the 2018-2019 season. Now it crashes or refreshes itself constantly and at random. You could be reading an article or in the middle of a video clip and all the sudden no more article or video. Instead you’re either seeing the phone’s home screen or if the app only refreshes, its kicked you back to the NHL/team start page. For example, just today I was using the app to watch 2 videos and read 1 article. I had to go back into each video at least 2-3 times and about 4 times to get through the article. *** FIX THE CRASHES!!! ***
The app tells you that you could watch NHL games, but when you put in your location they say it is blacked out in your area. You give them your money to watch NHL hockey and you cannot watch the games